INTERNAL COMBUSTION ( I. C. )ENGINE

In internal combustion ( I.C. ) engine, the combustion of fuel takes place inside the engine. In this type of engine energy loss in the form of geat is less than steam or outside combustion engine. Because in steam engine combustion of fuel is takes place outside of the engine . 

* Theefficiency of I.C. engine is of the order of 35 % and the steam engine is about 15%. this is becauseof the fact that very high tem- perature can be achieved in I.C. engines.

* I.C. engine are mostly single acting, thereby avoiding the necessity of leak proof stuffing box, piston rod,D-slide valve etc.

* I.C. engine is more compact unit Because it does not involve several cumbersome auxi-liaries .

* Combustion of fuel takes place inside the cylinder, therefore overall size is reduced and these become portable. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I.C ENGINE MCQ

Q.1 The air standard efficiency of an Otto cycle compared to diesel cycle for the given compression ratio is____. A. More B. Less C. Same D....